NASCA Academies operate across seven schools in New South Wales, four of which are in regional with three in inner Sydney. We specifically partner with schools that have high Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student numbers. Our staff work in each of these schools for at least one day each week.
The main objectives we aim to achieve are:
- Increasing school attendance and retention rates
- Strengthening student engagement with school and improving attitudes to schooling
- Improving general skills such as teamwork, leadership and communication
- Improving opportunities for post-school pathways
- Improving the health & well-being of students, including self-esteem and confidence
- Improving parental & community involvement with the school & their children’s education
- Promote and support positive learning experiences that foster success
Our Academies are based in South Sydney (Alexandria, Tempe and Marrickville High Schools) and central NSW (Dubbo College South Campus, Dubbo College Delroy Campus, Narromine and Wellington High Schools).